My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Presence of Peace

Psalm 29:11:

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

Being "at peace" is more than feeling "at peace." Feelings come and go; they fluctuate depending upon our circumstances, attitudes, and internal chemical reactions. However, the state of being at peace comes straight from God as this verse indicates. Is peace automatic for all Christians? Do Christians always feel at peace? No, but the more we seek His face, the more we seek after His will, the more we realize that every day is one day closer to eternity spent with Him, the Lord will bless us with His peace. I know it's very unlike me (ha ha), but this reminds me of an old Sandi Patty song I used to sing. Here is the chorus of this beautiful song:

In His Presence

In His presence there is comfort,
In His presence there is peace,
When we seek the Father's heart,
We will find such blessed assurance
In the presence of the Lord.

I hope that you have a blessedly peaceful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment