My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Friday, May 14, 2010

I am Weak, But He is Strong

2 Corinthians 12:9 says:

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I don't know about you, but there are days when I feel like I have more weaknesses than strengths. If I choose to focus on my weaknesses, it could really get me down. However, God continues to use me despite my weaknesses. In fact, this verse tells us that God actually uses our weaknesses to glorify Himself. I think He does this so that we can't boast in our own abilities, which could lead to pride and arrogance. Instead, when we recognize the hand of God in our lives, we can praise Him for the blessing of His provision and strength.

It appears that God is in the business of exchanging things. Weakness for strength, ashes for beauty, death for life. The list goes on and on. I'm so glad that I am weak, but He is strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment