My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Monday, May 24, 2010

In the Garden

Genesis 2:8

Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.

Man's first home was in a garden. We can imagine how beautiful the Garden of Eden was... full of green leafy trees, lush shrubbery, colorful vegetation, sparkling streams, and amazing wildlife. It was God's chosen environment for His first human creation, a tiny glimpse of heaven, perhaps. But the best part of it was that God met with his people there, walked side by side with them.

I am reminded of the very first song I sang in church when I was seven years old.

In the Garden

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

You may not have a beautiful garden to meet with God, but hopefully, you have a special place to meet with Him... even if it is just in the garden of your heart, where He resides and longs to meet with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment