My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Monday, May 17, 2010

Philippians 4:19 says:

And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

As I've pondered this verse this morning, I've been thinking how different earthly riches are from heavenly riches. Any earthly riches we can even imagine here on earth could not possibly compare to God's glorious riches He has in store for us as His children. But I believe that God does give us glimpses into those riches the more we spend time in His holy presence. An old favorite hymn comes to mind...

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.


I love these words! Be assured that if you have professed Jesus as your Lord and Savior that He is indeed yours! You have been purchased with a price, reborn with a new spirit, and washed clean with His blood. And we can anticipate a glorious treasure beyond our wildest imaginations with overflowing riches to spend with Him for eternity! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment