My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Key to Treasure

Isaiah 33:6:

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.

A devotional I was reading this morning led me to this verse. I read about God's many treasures on earth including the sun shining, flowers blooming, children laughing, birds chirping,... you get the idea. But it also suggested that God's treasures also come in the form of trials and tribulations. Hmmm... that's always a hard one for me. Treasures are supposed to be good things, happy things, perhaps even blessings, right? However, if we allow God to use our trials for good, they are indeed treasures... treasures designed by our heavenly Father to unlock us from the chains that bind us. What chains could God use today to turn into treasures? Can you rightfully sing the words to this song?

My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me...


Or how about this one?

Chains are broken
Shame has fallen
All my sins are gone

I hope you have a treasure-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment