My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Friday, June 11, 2010

Count it ALL Joy!

James 1:3-4

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

I have faced trials in my life. Do I count them as events that led to joy? Hmmm... maybe some of them, but none of them I counted as anything but heartache while enduring them.

It goes against human nature to be joyful during a trial. We're so easily led by emotions. But according to Scripture, we can make a conscious decision as to how we react to our trials. But... it has to be intentional. It's not easy, and it may feel completely unnatural, but if we count it all joy, God will not only deliver us, but reward us with His blessings. I pray today that God will allow me to treasure my trials in my heart, so that He can make His work perfect, whole, and complete in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment