My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Allow Others to Pray for You

James 5:16

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.


It has always been difficult for me to ask someone to pray for me. I would internally question if the request was too small or too frivalent or else doing so would make me feel weak and vulnerable. But I can testify to you today that there is power in humbling yourself and asking others to pray for you. God will honor this humble act.

Not only does requesting prayer from others help you, it gives your friends an opportunity to lift you up up and see God working in your life. As someone who has prayed for others and seen the result of God's hand in their lives, it gives me great joy to see prayers answered and strengthens my walk with Him, as well.

So, if there's a prayer request God is placing on your heart to share with others, do it today. He will honor your humility and bless the other person in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment