My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Monday, July 19, 2010

A Friend of Jesus

John 15:15

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father, I have made known to you.

Jesus is talking to His disciples. He knows His time on earth as a man is nearing an end. He is sharing some final thoughts and wisdom with them when He makes this grand statement: "You have graduated from servants to friends." I can only imagine how the disciples must've felt at this moment... to be considered a friend by Jesus Himself, God's only Son, Prince of Peace, and Lord of Lords!

A friendship signifies a true bond, a close relationship, two-way communication. Jesus was telling them that they had become His friends. What does this mean for us as followers of Christ? That we are also friends of Jesus. We can sit with Him and talk with Him, chit-chat about our plans for the day, our goals in life. We can share our burdens with Him, our joys, our dreams. He is a true friend that can always be counted on! Thank You, Jesus, for Your true friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment