My personal thoughts and reflections related to scripture, worship, prayer...



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Strength to the Weary

Isaiah 40:29-31 says:

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.


To me, there are several key words in this passage of scripture. Strength, power, hope, renew, soar, run, walk! These are powerful promises given to us directly from God Himself. I would choose strength, power, and renewal over weariness, weakness, and tiredness any day. And yet, when I do not present my requests to God through prayer with thanksgiving (Phil 4:6), I am choosing weariness, weakness, and tiredness. Today, I choose to hope in the Lord, and I will wait for Him to give me strength, power, and renewal, and I will be ready when He calls me to soar on wings like eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment